Important considerations for storing huge volumes of video archives include simplicity, scalability and affordability. IBM Storage, including IBM Storwize systems, provide just such a cost-effective platform for online storage. Tiger Bridge provides a secure and flexible connector for transparent data movement between the local IBM Storage systems and cloud storage residing either locally, in a hybrid configuration or in a public/government cloud environment.
This validated and optimized solution allows organizations to better match their storage technology with their data lifecycle to realize substantial costs savings.
- Simplifies storage allocation and tiering while enabling easy growth with IBM Cloud Object Storage
- Minimizes online storage requirements by using advanced data replication and space reclamation capabilities from Tiger Technology
- Enables Milestone XProtect recording server attachment to IBM Cloud Object Storage without a gateway server
- Allows both CAPEX or OPEX storage pricing models for archive and performance storage
- Enables an easy, smooth transition to the cloud: start with an on-premise storage solution and then migrate to the cloud with no changes to the Milestone environment
Customers are looking for flexibility in their storage options. This solution allows the customer to make informed business choices regarding where and how to store their data, without the complexity of external gateways or converters. This also protects the “chain of custody” of their data because external gateways and tamper risk points are removed from the solution. The additional benefit of this solution is that customers can choose to move to a cloud-centric solution model at their own pace without disruption to the existing infrastructure. – Dave Taylor, Executive Architect IBM Software Defined Infrastructure Solutions
Documented testing results and recommendations
The distinction of being a Milestone Certified Solution indicates that the integration has been certified with the Milestone XProtect platform. The certification focuses on testing the solution’s functionality, performance impact and usability.
See the IBM integration brochure and certification results on the Milestone Solution Finder.