IP video surveillance systems can be much easier to install, configure, and maintain with a new interactive tool to ensure safe guidance through system installations: the Milestone Deployment Assistant.
Getting an overview on best practices for installing and deploying reliable and scalable video solutions demands both good guidance and solid experience. Project documentation can be sparse and hand-off between different technicians can be challenging. While Milestone offers extensive help with manuals, whitepapers, eLearning courses, and other resources, this information is less overwhelming when it’s presented in context and right at hand.
How does the Milestone Deployment Assistant work?
The tool is based on the 180-page Milestone Deployment Best Practice Guide available on the Milestone Content Portal, and provides:
- A list of tasks and steps that guides you through the sequential process of deploying an XProtect system
- A clickable checklist for you to easily document who completed each step and when
- Extensive guidance for each step, vetted by Milestone Solution and Support engineers with years of experience
- The ability for Project Managers to add detailed notes about how to configure a given project, and for technicians to add notes on how each step was implemented
- Efficient project hand-offs from one technician to another and ability to manage more than one project at a time.
On project completion, the checklist can be printed and presented to the customer for final acceptance review and signoff.
“The Milestone Deployment Assistant is like having a team of seasoned Milestone engineers on site with you as you install and configure a system! The result is reduced installation time and a boost to the overall quality of the deployment. If any issue is brought up later, the detailed project documentation helps identify exactly what was done for each step,” said Evan Stuckless, Manager of Learning & Performance at Milestone Systems.
The Milestone Deployment Assistant is available for download on the Milestone website. The tool will be maintained for each new Milestone XProtect video management software release. It is available in English and will be localized into five additional languages by 2020.